Monday, October 22, 2007

South Fork of Boise fishing trip Saturday 10/20- Sunday 10/21

I took Scott on a short overnighter to the South Fork of the Boise. We left at noon on Saturday and got back Sunday afternoon.

image

image image image

Saturday was windy, wet and cold so we didn’t get much fishing in.

It was even too windy to hang out by the camp fire after dark.
We watched the BSU* La Tech game and Shanghi Noon that night.

 

image

Sunday morning it was ~ 28’ and a heavy frost.

image

By 10 it warmed up to 38. I tried a caddis for 2-3 hours. Blue Dunn’s were the reported hatch , but I wanted to use a fly I could see.I got a few small strikes and could spot large trout lying on the bottom.
When I got out I figured out that I had a 5wt line on a 7 wt rod. Not too bad considering I had been on an 8 year hiatus.

image

image

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Meter