Sunday, April 15, 2007

MOAB APRIL 07

                             NON INVITATIONAL SPRING 07 LAZY BUTT

Left the house Monday morning, twice 1st @ 7:30 AM then at 8:15 AM (forgot some stuff, and then forgot why I turned around).

 

Arrived in Moab around 6:30- 7:00 PM. and the end of the pavement on Kane Creek Road at dusk to set up camp, but the spot was posted no camping. It was dusk and I decided not to venture up the canyon or back through town. Since I was trail boss on Monday I decided to spend the night in Kane Springs Campground and check out the canyon on Bubba in the morning.

Tuesday - Solo Dual Sport ~100 MILES

Kane Creek Canyon

Town

Gemini Arches

Bull Canyon

Gold Bar Rim

Find a Moto Parts Store

 

image

Woke up about 6AM and was on Bubba by 8. Scooted up Kane Creek Road through the canyon into the valley. Lots of great camp sites but had my doubts about getting the motorhome & trailer through a switchback and past a couple of creeks. Decided to stay put in the private camp ground.

 

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

After I started back down the ridge I was sitting down creeping along and dropped the bike. It was upside down on the slick rock. After a couple of tries I was able to lift it back up using my super human strength. Broke the left hand guard , mirror and bent the clutch lever. Removed the hand guard, picked up the litter and started off again, this time standing on the pegs. While working on the bike I noticed that both the tool pouch and tool compartment on pack had holes worn out. I must have bit’s and pieces

scattered through Idaho and Utah.

 

I rode through town looking for a shop. ” MOAB 4X4” had good selection but not what I needed. The gal directed me to “Fred” at Arrowhead Motor Sports. -

http://www.angelfire.com/ut/moab/index.html 

He has a shop behind his house. After a $100 I had a new set of hand guards and a folding mirror. After

Handing him my litter Fred was more impressed and talkative. Got back to camp about 3pm and spent the afternoon  drinking Millers and working on the bike.

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

After the Jeep cleared, the bikes started going thru.

image

We then rode BEHIND THE ROCKS another jeep trail with sandy tracks and sections of slick rock.

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

Most of us bull dogged our bikes down the steeper stuff. Some of guys rode all the way down.

image

image

image

image

image

image

Most of this was easy riding on the bikes.

image

image

image

Saturday we went our separate ways.


I thought I might dual sport again but my knee was too sore so I just headed home.
Aubrey was going to sight see to scout spots for the family.
Grady and Jon decided to ride 5 Miles Of Hell.
Gerald’s group rode Poison Spider into Gemini Arches.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Meter