Sunday, September 10, 2017

Badgers , Gas Caps and Blue Skies–Owyhee Loop 9/10/2017

map

topo

Loop
210 miles

Silver City , Jordon Creek , Pleasant Valley , Flint Creek , Triangle ,Oreana   

Decided to ride the bike big to find some blue skies .

As I was prepping the bike Marilyn called and said there was something under the tree by the kitchen window.
20170910_095338

It was a badger on it’s last breaths . I put a 22 in it’s head and tossed it over the fence into the desert.
It had a den by the pond. I had let it be  hoping it would eat the ground squirrels and gophers.

The 1190 was close to empty so I dumped ~ a gallon of gas in to make sure I could make it to Walters Ferry.

20170910_111427
The gas cap wouldn’t close all the way to where I could latch it. I had to remove the skins from the gas tank to
get the cap off. There was a plastic tab broken , interfering with the hinge. Removed it and the cap will open and close but would not”ratchet” to hold it open. No big deal but might be an opportunity to upgrade to a billet cap

Finally rolled out at noon vs the expected 10AM. 

I was surprised to see the Rabbit Creek trail head packed  with bikes. Why would you dirt bike in the desert when the
mountains are open? There were even more bikes parked off the Silver City Road .

As I crossed the Sinker Creek the smoke started to disappear

IMG_1288

I hadn’t seen such blue skies in weeks !


IMG_1286 Stitch

The town was busy .

IMG_1289

Had lunch in the hotel .

Bernie

Bernie’s Place on Jordan Creek .


IMG_1293 Stitch
Dropping into Jordan Valley

IMG_1297 Stitch

Flint Creek

IMG_1299

North Fork of Owyhee Canyon

IMG_1301

Top of Bachman Grade, the Snake River Valley is still socked in with smoke .

IMG_1303

Oreana

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Meter