Sunday, June 8, 2014

HARD CHOICES , MEMOIRS OF THE WARMSPRINGS RIDE JUNE 7 , 2014

GMAPtopo

LOOP ~ 41 MILES

RIDERS – DAVID , BRIAN , JOHN

David and Karen spent a long weekend camping at the end of Willow Creek Road.  Brian and I drove up Saturday to ride.

David met us at Cherry Creek.
We rode through Ditto Flats to “The Secret Trail”.

DSCF4356 Stitch

Brian and David at one of lower saddles above Ditto Flats.

 

DSCF4358 Stitch

On top of Dollar Hide Ridge.

The Middle Fork still had a large cornice on top so we doubled back  and rode over to the top of South Fork.

 

DSCF4361 Stitch

There was a couple of snow banks to negotiate and someone had already made several cuts.

 

DSCF4363

Brain was my personal trail groomer.

 

 

DSCF4366

 

DSCF4367 Stitch

Burn in the bottoms of the South Fork, a good wind will bring more trees down.

Brian and I swapped bikes so he could compare suspension.  Took a bit before I could ride with a clutch, it was a real cluster fuck the first few minutes.

Decided to take Meadow Creek back up the ridge. It’s an old logging road that is an ATV trail. Brain cleared it for us.

There was a tree too large to clear so we had to cut across the switch back. I made it in one try !

We took Willow Creek ATV trail back to David’s camp.  It’s in rough shape, full of new rocks , small landslides , blowouts and the creek has lots of new square edges. I don't see the FS putting the money into repairing this for ATVs.

 

 

 

 

 

   I decided to try a Pirelli MT43 Trials Tire on the front. Felt goofy on the road but I liked it in the rocks , creeks and logs.
Also felt good on side hills and ruts.
Also first ride with Trail Tech Fan, set point was at 190F need to reset at 200F to keep it from coming on so often.
Now I just need something that will whistle Dixie !

When I got home my new helmet was waiting at the gate ! Big surprise since I ordered it the day before from Atomic-Moto and it had to be shipped from KLIM.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Meter