Sunday, December 28, 2014

SAND , WHOOPS , SNOW–WINTER RIDE IN IDAHO DESERT 12/27/2014

 

 

52 mile loop. Did better in sand washes but still not fast and no confidence to hit the snow covered whoops.

 

Greg texted me early in the week that he was in town & to let him know if I was riding.  Friday afternoon JimBob sent a message
that we wanted to ride Saturday. We agreed to met at the “Dead Cow” wash by Grand View.

It was ~ 24F at 10AM Saturday morning when we left and in the mid 30’s when we got done.

 

Old missile bunker

 

 

 

I managed to get hung in hole climbing out of the creek. Greg helped me pull the bike out of the hole.

Dole Cabin

 

 

 

 

 

Greg got a pinch flat in Birch Creek Canyon.

Most of Birch Creek is hammered from the races.
I did OK in the lower portion but still didn’t carry any speed, maybe 40 MPH.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Meter